Are you still wasting waste?
Use Waste-To-Energy to extract Maximum Value from Waste
RENEWABLE ENERGY 24/7
WTE facilities generate more than 14 billion kilowatt hours of renewable electricity annually from waste.
- State and federal laws recognize WTE as a renewable energy generator
- Creating energy around the clocke from a fuel that would otherwise be buried.
GREENHOUSE GAS REDUCTIONS
Every ton of MSW processed by WTE facilities reduces 1 ton of GHGs (in C02e).
- Recognized internationally as a GHG mitigating technology
- WTE avoids methane that would have been generated if landfilled
- WTE avoids carbon dioxide that would have been generated from fossil fuel power plants
GOOD PAYING GREEN JOBS
The WTE sector supports approximately 14,000 jobs and $890 million in wages, salaries, and benefits.
- WTE facilities employ a highly-skilled workforce dedicated to safety and health
- The WTE sector is comprised of good-paying jobs
- WTE facilities support local economies, buying goods and services from local vendors
OUTSTANDING ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE
EPA concludes WTE facilities produce electricity with “less environmental impact” than almost any other source of electricity.
- EPA has stated that the environmental achievements by WTE have been “outstanding”
- WTE meets and surpasses EPA’s Maximum Achievable Control Technology Standards
- WTE operators are constantly innovating to reduce emissions to lowest possible levels State and federal laws recognize
- WTE as a renewable energy generator
Creating energy around the clock from a fuel that would otherwise be buried
COMPLEMENTING AND ENHANCING RECYCLING
U.S WTE facilities recover more than 730,000 tons of ferrous metals for recycling.
- Communities that rely on WTE recycle at a greater rate than the national average
- WTE facilities recover metal for recycling that would have been buried forever if sent to a landfill
- WTE fac
Who is ERC?
We are ERC
The ERC was formed to create an environment in which waste-to-energy can thrive and grow. The association accomplishes this through ma focus on advocacy, public information, and engagement, and the development and dissemination of research.
You’ll find more about ERC membership here:
ERC 2018 Facility Directory
You can download the latest ERC Directory of WTE Facilities here: